Friday, September 26, 2008

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

Today, did not disappoint in the boring department. It was a two hour lecture on how to search the Library's website and navigate their massive e-book, periodical, dissertations, etc. Considering that they use the same search engine of PsycInfo that Austin College did, you can imagine how enthralled I was. The only remotely interesting and useful part of the Library Lady's Lecture from Hell was the snippet about finding my professor's Reading List for each lecture that is recommended that I read before each class. Luckily none of them were cruel enough to assign me anything to read for the first lectures this week. But I may start on them early.

Next on the agenda was registering with the Health Centre. (Yes, that is how "center" in British language is spelled.) It was boring, three sheets of paperwork, detailing that everyone in my family and I are healthy as a horse. But I did put down under medications my nightly face cream. It's medicated, so it fits the category.

After that, I had to go into Nottingham to straighten out a few things. No pun intended since the first thing I bought was a hair straightener for 12 pounds which was a steal, since everywhere else was selling them for 20-40 pounds. I tried it out when I got back to my room. It works, but I'm not sure about the fact that I can hear it humming. Weird or not, it works, and that's all I care about.

Next was figuring out why my Orange cell phone had lost all it's minutes so quickly. The salesman neglected to tell me the first time I was in his shop that I had to press "343" and switch my plan to the "Camel Plan". Needless to say I was a little more than upset, because first: He never mentioned this the first time I was in his store. And second: Why did he not simply sign me up on that Camel plan in the first place and saved both our time. Stupid greedy salesman.

After I was down to 8 pounds in my wallet (and I took 40) I walked around the City Centre and relaxed the day away. I found another Starbucks! And I even took a double decker bus home. So here are my pictures of that little walk and ride around town.









Um, I would tell the library they spelled "central" wrong, but may be construed as being a smart ass and they would be right. It may be fun, but I was only passing by. Maybe another day I'll channel Shawna-ness.




Is it ironic that on Angel Row I watched a dove get hit by a bus?? I hope not. that was just sad. With lots of feathers.






Lord, am I happy that I am done with boring informational lectures on topics that should be common sense. Anyway, so my mom was asking why there were no pictures of my bathroom. Well it's because it is very hard to take a photo of space that is maybe 3x5 feet. But here are pictures of my effort to please my curious readers.




Now I am going to sleep in tomorrow, read my trashy romance book, read a few papers of the Reading List that look interesting. And then maybe go out to a crowded bar with people I only met a week ago. Maybe, since I want to try archery on Sunday at 10 am. It may sound later in the day, but I'll still be getting up at 8 in the morning. Which is a little earlier than I like. But it's archery in Nottingham, England. I guess I'll just to make it work! ;)

1 comments:

jaimentrish2 said...

Oh look you have a place to put your foot when you are ready to shave your legs!! LOL That's convienent.