Sunday, September 21, 2008

Freshers Week

So yesterday was when the international and postgraduates were moved into the building. It was a pretty quiet day to say the least. Today I had the day off, but the undergraduates from around the UK have rolled in. Nearly 1500 kids came today. It was recommended by the staff to go to a "Welcome Talk". I knew I would most likely be the only postgraduate. They talked about the bicycles they'll sell toward the end of the week that other students have left behind. The bike should cost 10-15 pounds which is a great price. I'm going to get one if I can. At the end, the speaker asked if he had any questions and as I expected...no fresher’s raised their hands. Big surprise! So I asked the first. Where the sign for the bikes would be posted? On the door of the bike shed. Duh. But it served the purpose of getting the kiddos to ask their questions.
I went into town to get some soup, a pot, and a can opener. Right now I'm surviving on sandwiches, bananas, yogurt, orange juice, and now SOUP! By the way...What the hell is Oxtail Soup and does it taste any good? I even grabbed a can of Mac n' Cheese. Yes, in a can. I've never seen that before, but I'm game to try it.
It took me an hour and a half to find a pot, and I ended up with 3 for 5 pounds. All three places that could sell them were almost completely out. I luckily got one of the last.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I can start the ball rolling for everything. What I'm not excited about is finding my way over to Jubilee Campus. I'll probably have to walk before I can ask anyone who would know the route better.

0 comments: