Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm Here!!!





Hey Ya'll



I finally got into Broadgate Park and my internet is up and running. Money is tight, since everything is double the price and I've been really watching what I spend. At the campus drugstore they were selling toothbrushes buy one get the 2nd free. When I got to the check-out she rang me up for both, but I insisted on her checking the sign. I was right and I got my free toothbrush. Yeah! It's the small things, right?
My room is nice, and I'm settling in. I'm just trying to get my bearings. I need to go shopping for essentials (toilet paper, hand soap, food, etc.). Yesterday, I went into Nottingham and found the bookstore. It's about as big as the B&N, maybe smaller. It was a good location to find, since it was in the center of town and I used it as a focal point. I usually can find my bearings better if I'm looking for something specific, like a store. On the 22nd I'm starting the introduction to the program and then the roller coaster will begin.

So far I think I've walked more this week than I do in a year. My legs are really sore, and I'm trying to not pull anything. So far so good. I found out my classes will be located on the other side of campus. But at least postgraduate work is a lot of independent learning and I won't have to go over there everyday. I still have to figure out the Hopper bus route there though.

That's about it for now. I'm going to walk to Beeston and find those essentials

0 comments: