Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's (American) Day!!

While today is Mother's Day in the States, here it's just another Sunday. Mother's Day was ages ago, and I actually celebrated with Mom while she visited. But Happy Mother's Day (again)!

However, I did need to get out of my room, since I hadn't breathed fresh air in about a week for any long period of time. So I went into town and saw Star Trek. Everyone else apparently was with their Mom's so I went alone. Before going I grabbed my usual Chi Tea Latte at Starbucks and almost spit it out. For some reason instead of adding milk to the latte like a normal Starbucks, this one decided to use only water and a dash of milk. After a couple sips, I was so grossed out I had to throw it away. It was that nasty, my friends.

Next was the movie and for someone who is not a Trekkie (like my nerd big brother) the movie was surprisingly good. Except the color-clashing outfits (there is no excuse for them, no matter what anyone tells me). I love action films, and I love the twists on Lost, so I knew I was in for a treat. I love how the writers didn't assume that everyone in the audience had watched every episode of Star Trek and all the proceeding movies. I felt like a valued member, which was a major plus.

Then I was hungry and the only place open on a Sunday evening was (of course) McDonald's. So I got myself a quarter pounder, a coke, and fries. Now if you know me at all, you must know I'm not a fan of fries. Potato wedges, yes. Fries, no. I attribute it to my brother stealing them out of my Happy Meals as a child, and to this day I can't eat more than a few before they begin to taste like salted mushy cardboard. Yum! So I bagged them up with the ketchup and gave them to a homeless guy on the way to the bus stop.

Well, that was my day. Very American: Starbucks, Star Trek and McDonald's.

3 comments:

angela said...

Sounds like you had a good Mother's Day. Haven't seen Star Trek yet...going to wait till it hits the Dollar Theatre!! I am a trekkie fan...have seen all the tv shows and all the movies!!! LOL @ your tea comment....haha I have a blog now..a little boring but check it out.. http://cavenable.blogspot.com (think that's it)

Anonymous said...

The simpletons define success by the abundance of creature comforts available, need I say more!
Where can I get my pimped out Trekin threds!! The gold pull over, I cant wait....... Spock is my new hero, "The Crushmiester" I"m so glad it wasn't all about Kirk...
Later,
T

MOM said...

Did you forget already. It was MUM's Day. I got a MUM card not a Mothers Day card. I would of taken the Chai Tea back, but you were probably on your way to the movie.