Sunday, May 3, 2009

Considering the evidence....

...I could (almost) be considered an expat American. Mostly because of the ideas and tastes I’ve picked up since living in England.

I used to hate the taste of beer...generally, I still do. But now I like the taste of cider (beer made from fruit). Can I get cider in the States...probably not.

I used to hate car shows...until I discovered Top Gear...



Before coming here I could not understand a Welsh accent...now I can.

If you had asked me what a tea biscuit tasted like, I would have had no idea...
Now I’m addicted to them...

Before, I would have never paid good money for a newspaper...that’s what the internet is for. Now, I like to buy them simply for the experience of reading one (ideally, with a cuppa on hand).

If you had asked me, before coming here, “Are you the Doctor?”
I would have replied, “Doctor Who?”



Before if you had asked me who Catherine Tate was? Or a Chav? Or what a Wino was? Or a Pikey? Not a clue. Now...



The best part is, I have discovered I don’t have a horrible sense of direction...I was just living in the wrong country.

You can ask me to direct you to someplace in Europe and I could tell you how to get there (well, in the general area).

Amazing...

0 comments: