Friday, April 17, 2009

Rouen & Normandy Coast!!

Mom and I stayed in Rouen with a family I stayed with in high school. They took us on a tour of the Normandy coast and I can't remember for the life of me the names of the specific towns we went to. But I hope you enjoy the pictures. (Since I had some complaints about the small amount of pictures yesterday, I'm adding as many as I can today.)

Chapel dedicated to Joan of Arc in Rouen.


The ceiling was insane. But really beautiful.






Statue of Joan of Arc


Where Joan of Arc was burned to death on a stake. Right where those pretty little purple flowers bloom.



























The City Hall of Rouen.




Dirtiest motorcycle that I saw on this trip. Long road trip?










WWII Memorials












The dummy hanging from the roof is representative of the soldier whose parachute caught on the building. He played dead and I think he survived, but I'm not sure. I'm sure you can Google for the complete story.


Normandy Coast! So Beautiful!



Sophie, Mom, and Sophie's Dad. (Sorry! I already forgot his name. I'm horrible with names.)














We came across these cars randomly and I have no idea why they were there, but I was happy to appreciate their beauty!








I want this bike. So pretty.


Sophie and I found Ben and Jerry. It was a happy reunion.






3 comments:

angela said...

I am loving the pictures! It's like I am there with you!!! Keep posting more.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and your Mom had a great time. I've been trying to get a hold of her, but haven't got an answer. Wasn't sure if she was home, but I see by your blog she is. Can't wait to hear how she enjoyed the trip

Anonymous said...

the church - Ste. Mère Église is a small town near the coast of Normandy.
One incident involved a paratrooper whose parachute caught on the spire of the town church. He could only hang there, watching what was going on below, before later being captured by a German soldier.