Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's Been Awhile...

I know I haven't written anything for some time, but this month has been simply crazy. Like all my months really. However I took some pretty pictures and thought I'd share them with you.

These pictures were taken after the first mini-snow falls in Nottingham. The Great Blizzard of 2009 came a few days later. These are shots I took on my walk to class early one morning.



This is a shot of a random man carrying a fistful of balloons down a Nottingham back street that I take to get to Waterstone's Bookstore. I thought he looked a little out of place and amusing.


This was why the man was carrying all those balloons. Nottingham was copying the Eye of London, with it's own Eye. Considerably smaller and less grand, but it was fun to see. I didn't have the time that day to enjoy the views from it, and frankly those things make me queasy, so I avoid them.


This just happened today. The Canadian geese at the doors are residents of the Jubilee Campus, and were born in a flower planter near those doors two years ago. They finally came home and were checking out how to open the doors. It was so cute.

0 comments: