Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Birthday!!

Today is my birthday and what a strange and busy day it was. I had classes from 9 am to 1 pm about statistical analysis in regards to SPSS and psychological experimentation. Fun stuff!! Then I went to archery, and shot a really bad score. Although last Sunday I FINALLY broke 400 and scored 447. I was high on cold medicine, and I'm attributing it to that. The question is whether I should continue to shoot on medicine, or simply try without?

Afterward, the archery team went out to the local pub, 3 Wheatsheaves, and brought me a present. A red-velvet cake! When they asked me what my favorite was, I told them this was it, but they had no idea what it was. The questions ranged from: "Does it have velvet in it?" and "Why is it so red?". Most food items that are this red, people in Britain expect a fruity taste, but they were all pleasantly surprised to taste actual sweet cake. My friend Stuart baked it for me, since he's the only one in the club that likes to cook and has an oven. I gave him about five variations of recipes and told him to pick one. He brought a three-layered cake, that tasted just like home.

While at the pub, there was the whole Nottingham Rugby Team having a male bonding/drinking fest event going on next to us. Somehow, my fellow archers convinced a few of the rugby players to sing me a drunken rendition of the "Happy Birthday" song. It was so embarrassing, but fun at the same time.

Now I'm back to my room, in need of sleep. I have another 9 am class tomorrow and I need my rest. Good Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Sorry this is late. I'm glad you got a red velvet cake. I've never tasted one. When you get back home you can bake one and Uncle Pat & I will come up and have a piece....Aunt Chris

angela said...

Happy Happy Happy Belated Birthday!!! I knew when it was your birthday but the month got by me so I forgot! Hope you had a GREAT DAY!!!!! I am loving your blog!!