Thursday, January 15, 2009

DONE!!! (with exams, at least...)

My exams are DONE!!! I can't tell you how relieved I am about that. This last week I've kept really odd hours, and have probably never slept so randomly in my life. Earlier this week I don't think I slept for over twenty hours, and then on Tuesday night I slept for fourteen hours only to wake up at two in the afternoon. So I figured I would stay awake all night for my 9 am exam in the morning. My brain always does better at night when writing is involved. I don't drink coffee and I'm not addicted to any stimulative substance, so I simply think better as the day progresses. I think I did quite well on my exam. One question pertained to the philosophy of science and its benefits toward psychology. All I had to do was make a logical argument, with appropriate references, and it was done. The next question wasn't as easy, but I think I did alright.

After my test on Tuesday, I forgot to turn my phone off silent. So during the fourteen hours of sleep and then the remaining hours of studying, I missed six calls. This was such a shock! I'm lucky if six people call me in a week. I'm not really a phone-person. I hate texting and I would rather write a long letter or meet in person than speak over the phone. But it was just my friends from class panicking over this test, since there was very few options on how to study for it. Nerve-racking to say the least. Mom, called me as well, panicked. She even emailed me: CALL ME! I rarely go two days without calling, mostly because it's nice to hear a familiar American voice and beyond being my Mom, she's a friend. With a calling card.

After my test today, I went food shopping with my friend Sarah. It was nice having someone to talk to while walking around Beeston. Usually it's just me, trying not to look like an American tourist. Which is more difficult than it sounds. Then I went back to my room and tried to stay awake, but it was a losing battle. In the middle of watching Doctor Who? (David Tennant and Billie Piper, need I say more?) I fell asleep at two-ish. Only to be abruptly awakened at 7:30 pm when Mom called. So now I'm awake waiting for a decent hour when I can go back to sleep.

This next week I need to write two and a half papers that are due the 26th. Not really looking forward to them, but they need doing. At least I can have resources at my fingertips, unlike the exams.

I hope I can catch up on my reading. My mind needs a break once in a while or I start to resemble a person with narcolepsy. Or it begins to play tricks with me. Lately it hasn't been a cat noise from next door, but there is the sound of an ice-cream truck coming from inside the building. Maybe I'm just craving ice-cream, I can't remember the last time I've ate any. Whatever the sound is, I hope it stops.

So that is my hectic life lately. Not exciting, but very stressful.

How's your life been?

1 comments:

Mom said...

Hello, I know you will be glad to be done with those papers!

Mom