Thursday, December 11, 2008

Busy Week...

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while, life has been a little hectic. First I have to mention the archery fun shoot, where everyone got to shoot at random stuff. The Voltaire book was my favorite, and as you can see it was also the compound bows fav as well.




I went to Victoria Centre (a shopping mall-like place) to do some Christmas shopping and I stopped at a place called Costas, essentially Starbuck's rival. I know! Your asking yourself, Why??? You're form Seattle, show some pride. However if you got this lay out...



for just a cup of tea for 4 pounds, you now understand my lack of loyalty. I would never get the same deal at Starbucks here. A venti chi tea cost me 4.50 pound at Starbucks. In my opinion, they need to step up their game. It's no wonder their stock sank over 90% in the last quarter.

The Archery club also went out for a Christmas dinner at an Italian place called Zizzi's. It included a three course meal and I had the Penne Della Casa (smoked pancetta bacon, roasted chicken, creamy mushroom sauce and baby spinach finished with grated grana padano cheese, baked al forno) This was the best dish of food I've ate since being here. It was like heaven had entered my mouth. And yes, I "borrowed" the Christmas menu, but it's going back, I swear!



Here's a few pictures of the people at my table. Do not be scared, they're nicer than they look.


Josh (American from Connecticut) and Joe (experienced archer and coach to us dumb novices).



Joe showing off his huge pizza and Josh a little drunk and annoying and Hannah sitting between them.



Here's something I didn't know! If you drop a pence (penny) into someones drink they have to down the whole thing to "save the queen" and everyone at the table sings "God Save the Queen". Poor Alex, the queen was dropped into his wine twice.

Today was a busy day too!
For the last four days I didn't come out of my room and disappeared to write a paper due today. So once I turned that in, a couple guys from archery came to pick me up because a group of us were meeting at an archery shop. While there I gave myself an early Christmas present! A Hoyt bow! Most of you won't know what that means, just know it's pretty, very accurate and fun to play with. I have no pictures yet. I tried to take some in my room, but the lighting is really bad and a picture cannot convey what a beauty it is.

Well I'm exhausted and I still have one last review class tomorrow. On Friday I may go see Mama Mia! where the theater is playing it and everyone in the audience is supposed to sing a long. Sounds fun. I just hope I can get tickets.

Night!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good Christmas. Uncle Pat & I will be thinking about you. Relax & enjoy Christmas holiday.