Friday, June 12, 2009

Pudding Crawl!!

This last Wednesday (June 10th) I was invited to a Pudding Crawl. What’s a Pudding Crawl you may ask? It’s a sober version of a Pub Crawl. Instead of hopping pub to pub getting a drink in each, a Pudding Crawl consists of hopping restaurant to restaurant getting a dessert (aka pudding) in each. Understandably, I didn’t eat any dinner that night.

The first stop was a Japanese restaurant, Wagamama. It had the best coconut ice cream on God’s green earth. It had mango sauce and toasted coconut flakes. So lovely I didn’t want the dish to end. Granted, my love of this ice cream probably had something to do with my hunger and I have never tasted coconut ice cream before. So I may even go back to test the dish, just to see if it tastes the same. For experimental purposes of course. I live to ensure quality control.


Adds, Ray, and Nicola waiting for their first dessert of the night.

Add's in Deep Thought.

The next stop I wasn’t as enthused to visit. TGI Friday’s. It had the most gaudy American décor that I almost had a culture shock. The best part was my friend Amy asking whether all American restaurants were like this? God, I hope not. Otherwise, I may never want to set foot in another American restaurant ever. The most popular dessert was something called “Dirt Cake”. But knowing eating heavy desserts on a marathon of eating was not a wise move, I opted for Mini’s Mousses of Mint and Oreo.

James, Nicola and Ray.

On the crawl to the last stop. This is Amy trying to expalain something chemistry related.

The last place, our little group had swelled to nine people. We went to a little Italian place, Frankie & Benny’s. Some were wussies and couldn’t down another dessert. Such a shame I party with such lightweights. I decided on a heavier dessert of Apple & Rhubarb Crumble with vanilla ice cream since I could see this would be the last place. I could have had a fourth, but from the looks of my crawl mates that was unlikely.

The Whole Gang.

0 comments: